bluegansey: alicent from house of the dragon looking horrified (hotd - alicent - oh fuck)
it's not rocket surgery ([personal profile] bluegansey) wrote2024-02-28 08:20 pm
Entry tags:
NSFW

(no subject)

I've been meaning to make an irl update post for a bit now, but I just kept putting it off... (warning for car crash.)

I posted access locked about ending my engagement, which did happen, but the next day we talked it out and agreed to get back together. But I still consider the engagement over for now, and I want to figure out how to improve my life and mental health while I'm here instead of abstractly hoping everything gets better when I move. As of now I have no plans to leave the country and am looking at apartments and considering what other careers might make me happier, or if a move to the coast/the island is on the table. It's been a weird but good perspective shift. On Saturday I'm flying to Atlanta to visit for a week (part of this breakup drama was "oh fuck we've already spent *significant* money on this trip) and I'm looking forward to the break from work, lol.

On the bad side: I got in a car crash this morning on the way to the bus station. The roads were very icy, I was turning right into the parking lot and lost control of my car and hit someone's vehicle while they were stopped at a light. No one was injured and the damage was minimal, but it was 100% my fault and it was absolutely terrifying. I was shaking so hard I could barely use my hands and I started crying as soon as I called my mom. (After taking photos, exchanging insurance information, pulling off the road etc.)

Luckily my mom was able to come and help me and drive me home (and later to work once I'd calmed down and had some tea and called to report the incident to the insurance company.) My supervisor and coworkers were really nice about it, too, and didn't expect me to come in; my supervisor also told me I could take tomorrow off if I wanted. Any other week I probably would've taken the offer, but this is my last week of working with my pregnant coworker who will be gone for twenty months and I don't want to miss it, haha. Right now, twelve hours later, I have some minor neck pain and a headache (planning on taking a bath to relax a bit) and I keep replaying the collision in my head, but it could have been a *lot* worse and this was probably going to happen at some point anyway.
flowersforgraves: Connor MacManus (Boondock Saints), in profile facing right. (Default)

[personal profile] flowersforgraves 2024-02-29 04:24 am (UTC)(link)
oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're okay! I've had my share of vehicle accidents so I know how terrifying it is, especially when it's your fault. I'm glad to hear you're doing okay, and that you're getting some time off next week.
vriddy: Two cups of coffee on a tray (friendship)

[personal profile] vriddy 2024-02-29 06:38 am (UTC)(link)
Ouch, very scary. Glad the damage was minimal. Good luck dealing with everything, and I hope the bath helped a bit.
fiachairecht: (unreal)

[personal profile] fiachairecht 2024-02-29 06:51 am (UTC)(link)
I want to figure out how to improve my life and mental health while I'm here instead of abstractly hoping everything gets better when I move
That's where I've been for a couple years and I wish I had advice beyond 'it sucks but it's worth it' but ... idk, it sucks but it's gotta be worth it.

Very very glad you're okay <3
rionaleonhart: final fantasy x-2: the sun is rising, yuna looks to the future. (Default)

[personal profile] rionaleonhart 2024-02-29 07:23 am (UTC)(link)
Oh, no, I'm sorry you had such a scary experience! I'm very glad you're okay. ♥
senmut: Two seahorse-shaped water splashes facing each other (Default)

[personal profile] senmut 2024-02-29 03:03 pm (UTC)(link)
All the hugs.
silverflight8: bee on rose  (Default)

[personal profile] silverflight8 2024-02-29 10:35 pm (UTC)(link)
So scary :( I am glad you are not too hurt.

I hope you enjoy the Atlanta trip regardless.